Vistec Electron Beam is pleased about your interest in our company and products. The protection of your personal data is important to us, and we want you to feel safe while visiting our website.
§ 1 Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) Information about the collection of personal data from visitors to our website is provided below. Personal data is all data which can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4, Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Vistec Electron Beam GmbH
+49 3641 7998 0
(see our legal details at LINK).
You can contact our data protection officer at:
Vistec Electron Beam GmbH
Data protection officer
The rights of the affected data subjects are detailed in “§ 2 Your rights.”
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e‑mail address, as well as your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The contact form is an additional service from us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily (legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f of the GDPR). We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing thereof if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offerings or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we will also let you know the criteria stipulated for the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to the personal data concerning you:
– right to information pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR,
– right to have information rectified pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR,
– right to have information erased pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR,
– right to restrict processing of information pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR,
– right to data transferability pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR, and
– right to object to the processing of information pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR.
(2) You can only exercise your rights in writing (an actual letter sent by mail). Please use only the following address:
Vistec Electron Beam GmbH
Data protection officer
We need your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, and the context of the processing of your personal data. If this information is missing, we can neither authenticate you nor guarantee your claim to your rights according to the GDPR.
(3) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. The supervisory data protection authority responsible for us is:
Thüringer Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Telefon: 0361 573112900
Fax: 0361 573112904
E-Mail: poststelle (at) datenschutz.thueringen.de
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website simply for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register yourself or send us any information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following technical data which we need to enable us to show you our website and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– date and time of the query
– time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– content of the query (specific site)
– access status/HTTP status code
– data volume transmitted in each case
– website from which the request emanates
– operating system and its user interface
– language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the agency which places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot initiate programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the Internet service more user-friendly and more effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These specifically include the session cookies. They store what is known as a session ID, which allows different queries from your browser to be assigned to the joint session, enabling your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. For example, this prevents you from needing to re‑register every time you call a new page. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time, which can vary depending on the cookie. How long a cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookies as well as your browser’s settings. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
With these cookies the website can remember your information and settings the next time you visit it. This makes it faster and easier for you to access the website, since, for example, you don’t need to set the desired language again.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for instance, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even any cookies at all. We must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Additional functions and offerings of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your personal data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if participation in actions, competitions, contracts, or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. More information is provided when you enter your personal data as well as further below in the description of the offer.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Job applications
We will treat the information that your provide to us confidentially, and will relay it only to those persons directly involved with the specific job application. No information will be relayed to any third parties without your express consent. If you do not want to maintain your application, you can withdraw it in writing at any time.
Your rights as the affected data subject are not curtailed by this. See § 2.
Due to legal regulations, we cannot delete your data immediately after completing the application process.
If we cannot offer you a suitable position at this time, but we consider it possible that your application might be of interest to us or one of our companies at a later date, we will gladly offer to save your application for a longer period. We will ask you for your consent in a separate e-mail or by mail. You can object to this storage for the future at any time, resulting in your data being deleted immediately and irrevocably.
§ 6 Objection to processing of your data, or withdrawal of consent thereto
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you inform us of this withdrawal.
(2) So long as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you can state an objection against the processing. This is the case when the processing is not explicitly necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, as is detailed in the following respective descriptions of the functions. When stating such an objection we kindly ask you to tell us the reason why we should no longer process your personal data. In case of a reasonable objection we will examine the situation and either stop or adapt the data processing, or we will inform you of our compelling and legitimate grounds for further data processing.
(3) Of course you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes and data analysis at any time. Contact us at the following address to inform us of your objection:
Vistec Electron Beam GmbH
Please include your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, when contacting us about your objection.
§ 7 Use of Piwik/Matomo
(1) Under certain circumstances our websites use the web analysis service Piwik/Matomo in order to analyze the use of our websites and to improve them on a regular basis. Based on the statistics gathered, we can improve our offerings and make them more interesting to you as the user. The legal basis for using Piwik/Matomo is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR.
(2) Cookies (see § 3 for more information) are stored on your computer for purposes of this evaluation. The information thus collected is stored solely on our servers in Germany. You can end this evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storing of new cookies. If you prevent the storing of cookies, you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Open your browser settings in order to prevent cookies from being stored. In order to prevent Piwik/Matomo from being used, remove the check mark next to Piwik/Matomo iFrame, thereby activating the opt-out plug-in.
(3) Under certain circumstances our websites might use Piwik/Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP” extension. This means that truncated forms of IP addresses are processed further, making it impossible to relate them directly to any individual. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Piwik/Matomo is not combined with other data that we collect.
(4) The Piwik/Matomo program is an open-source project. Go to http://piwik.org/privacy/policy for the third-party provider’s information about data protection.
§ 8 Use of Google Maps
(1) Google Maps. We use Google Maps on some of our websites. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and makes it easy for you to use the map function.
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data indicated under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. Data is transmitted regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether you have no Google account. If you are logged in to Google your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish it to be assigned to your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research, and/or the design of its website in accordance with its requirements. This kind of use (even for users who are not logged in) is specifically for the purpose of providing advertising as required and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of this user profile; to exercise it you must contact Google.
Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection statements of the provider.
(2) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html; Overview of Data Protection: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245; Declaration of Data Protection: policies.google.com/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Right to object Advertising Mails (Spam)
We herewith object to the use of our contact data published within the scope of the imprint to send unsolicited advertising and information material. The operators of these pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of unsolicited advertising information, such as spam e-mails.
§ 10 Deletion of Data & Storage of Data
Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. A longer storage can take place if the deletion is prevented by a legal retention period, e.g. in accordance with tax and commercial law. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
Privacy Statement in German
For problems or any questions about data protection you should directly address our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you.
Vistec Electron Beam GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Tel.: +49 3641 7998 0
Fax: +49 3641 7998 222